The Rio Secreto (secret river) tour from Cancun allows to immerse yourself in the Yucatan Peninsula's most exotic underground world, hike and swim through a labyrinth of cool underground river while surrounded by crystal formations.
Swim through mineral-rich waters as the wonders of Río Secreto unfold all around you. Gaze up at thousands of incredible stalactites, stalagmites and helectites.
This is your time to check out the region’s wildlife, enjoy silence from the depths of the earth, and fall in love with the fragile beauty of the caves.
After this amazing experience a light lunch will be served and you will then have time to relax in the natural surroundings.
- A/C transportation from your hotel.
- Admission fee to the natural reserve.
- Bilingual guides.
- Towel and lockers.
- Specialized equipment (wetsuit, life vest, special shoes and hardhat with headlamp).
- Light buffet lunch and fresh fruit drinks.
- Guests also have access to our facilities (bathrooms, showers, hammocks, etc.)
- Bathing suit under shorts
- Light, comfortable clothing: shorts & t-shirt
- Water shoes
- Comfortable footwear for biking & walking
- Extra t-shirt
- Bio-degradable sunblock
- Camera, extra batteries, film/disc
- Additional cash for souvenirs
Tipping - Discretional
Duration: Approximately 6 1/2 hours
- Minimum age allowed is six years old.
- Keep your helmet on at all times.
- Try not to touch the stalactites - natural body oils prevents their growth, and they end up dying.
- For your own safety, stay in the cobbled path, and refrain from exploring non-signaled ways.
- Some activities are not recommendable for pregnant women, persons affected with heart conditions, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, hypertension and claustrophobia.
- Place all belongings in lockers to avoid losing items or causing an accident.
- Please respect all safety measures and signs.
- PLEASE do not LITTER, use available wastebaskets!